WAITING FOR THE POT TO BOIL (PART II)

.



Sunday, June 11, 2006

Those Were the Days.....


Love how the picture is all tattered---like I am so old! On that note, I am getting weary of Chris telling Liam, that they can't trust me since I am over 30. (He is a year and a half younger than me.) I knew when we got married and I teased him about the age difference, it would come back to haunt me, but now I have this kind of thing to look forward to every 10 years. I am seeing us on a porch, rocking in our chairs and him saying, "I am only in my 80s, you are in your 90s...." Or, "You are a Senior Citizen and I am not." Not fair, I only got to taunt him for one year. Sigh.
I am at work right now. I should be creating a lesson plan for my sign language class that starts tomorrow, but I am stalling. Excited and nervous, but stalling.
So I told you how we were kind of "not, not trying" Well, I put an end to that. I realized that I am not ready to be so sick again. I hate it when people say, maybe I won't get sick next time, because I know hyperemesis, is reoccuring and I feel like "they" just don't get it or don't believe how real it is. My doc said it will happen each pregnancy and hyperemesis.org confirms that too. I also am having so much fun with little man that I don't want to miss out because I'm too busy barfing. Plus I would like to have Liam enjoy and share the experience and be my little helper. Dare I even dream he could be out of diapers when the time comes. Also, looking at the above picture reminds me, I can do better than this. Fitness and food wise, I can potentially clean up pretty well, when I give it an effort. If I don't lose this baby weight and get in shape before next time, I might not get another chance. I heard it is really hard to get a flat stomach back after a C-section, (course you'd never know it looking at A. Jolie, Denise Richards and other stars. I swear they have a C-section/tummy tuck combo.) I am hoping to get motivated any day now. Another thing on the topic; Liam LOVES little babies. He strokes their tiny hands and stares adoringly at them, I hope he stays like that. Even with not yet "trying" again, it is hard to believe that, going on the plan of starting to try when Liam is almost 2; that is only a year or so away! It is funny, if I knew next time would take as long as last time, we would start now! Oh, that reminds me, since I suffer from endo, I was talking to my doc, worrying that since this last period was a 6 advil-er again, that it was coming back, and that I would need surgery again. She said not to worry, that wasn't likely but to hurry up and get back on the pill as that it kind of puts a hold on endo. I didn't know that, if I did, I would not have been so cavalier in my whatever happens, happens mode these past few months. Gosh darn it, it is either, ovulation tests, progesterone sups and "Oh, no honey you do NOT get a night off"and head stand, or it is the pill. No more ambivelance for me!
Oh, man we are having a rough time with Liam right now. He is teething and 2 nights ago he had a fever of 102 and couldn't sleep. We had been giving him Tylenol and when we finally called the pediatrican at 2 am they said, nope use Motrin. That took the fever right down in no time. Then last night he woke up every two hours for various things. One time he was "stuck" side ways and upside down at the top of his crib, another he wouldn't stop fussing for absolutely no reason I could discern, then later he was wet, then finally/later still, I fed him and brought him to bed with me and he slept like a rock. Mama on the other hand looked like she had been beaten with rocks. Oh man, I felt like warm cat poop this morning. Yuck. How can someone barely 2 feet long hog the bed so much?!? Liam is also fussy because he has a rash. Both of grandparents were here today and they were throwing out ideas, like food allergies and heat rash. I kind of sunk into the background and attempted to become one with the carpet as I remembered how I put a new T-Shirt on him with out washing it first and how the rash is on his back and front and on his forehead, you know all the areas a T-shirt would touch. No one asked, and I was not volunteering! OK, enough stalling, til later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously not the tshirt.... even though all the signs DO point to that....No way.... (thats my story and I am sticking to it). :)

Dani