WAITING FOR THE POT TO BOIL (PART II)

.



Monday, February 07, 2005

I'll be in the Backyard Eating Grass, if Anyone Needs Me

Well, it works for the dogs when they have upset tummies, so I figure, what the heck, I'll give it a shot.
Hi. I don't feel good. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my job about taking a temporary medical leave until the end of my first trimester, (about March 15th.) I am still on probation so I am a little worried about the outcome. I intend to bring my barf bucket and hurl and the most opportune and pathetic times. Today I am 8 weeks 3 days or 9 weeks depending on which date you use. LMP or U/S. Saw the doc today, actually the Nurse Practitioner. She was nice and signed all my paperwork for leave. I have nothing exciting to say. Now that I found a winning combination of Unisom/sleep/Zofran, I feel better. Not able to work better, but able to lay on the couch in the living room and watch TV with out throwing up every single hour, type better. The Zofran is 4mg every 6 hours. It is $1300 for one month (only 20 bucks for me--whew!) It is a medicine used for patients that suffer really bad nausea due to chemotherapy treatment. Well, I am going to go lie down...Again. I wonder if I need to watch out for bed sores...Hmm...How sad. Love you all, thanks for the comment Mom, I miss you.

5 comments:

JenP said...

Aww Becky, your mom is cool.

As for the morning sickness, I hope it goes away soon. Or that the grass helps. Because, as many furballs as I've cleaned up, it must work like magic.

I hope the rest helps and the wonder drug (Zofran) helps you too. Best wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are okay, even if the morning sickness is keeping you out of commission. Hope you feel lots better soon.

kelly jeanie

Anonymous said...

Yikes I was beginning to worry. I hope you feel better soon, I really miss your funny posts! :)


Dani

DeadBug said...

Ugh. That sounds dreadful.

Hoping the powers that be at work give you the time you need.

--Bugs

Sasha@Pw said...

Hmmm eating grass...not a bad idea! :)