WAITING FOR THE POT TO BOIL (PART II)

.



Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today's Post Brought to You by the Letter "Z"


I would give my prize ox for 8 hours of straight, uninterupted sleep. Boy am I tired. Chris has been off for the past 2 days and today, which NEVER happens and so sometimes I take a nap, but I don't have the heart to ask him to take over a nightly feeding, because he works so hard. Besides, Liam has gone on a bottle strike. He absolutely refuses the bottle right now. But on a postive note, he has comepletely weaned himself off of pacifiers. He prefers his hands. Last night at about 3am he freed one of his hands from his Miracle Blanket and was making these really loud "Smacking" sounds. It was loud enough that it woke both Chris and I up and I said, "Did you give him a lollypop?" But he was very happy, so smack away, I say. Chris from [ to ] do not read, it is girl stuff. [So I got a blocked milk duct and it hurt sooooooo bad! It honestly felt like there was a ball bearing behind the nipple that was trying to fight it's way out, for like a week. And my dime size bald spot is now the size of a quarter--very attractive. I cannot wait until febuary when Liam turns 6 months and I stop breastfeeding, to start running. AND go to a dermatologist before I look like Kojak. I am going to wait until Liam's febuary shots are over to stop BFing though because nursing him was one of the only things that calmed him down after the tourture session.] OK, Chris you can read again, the embarassing girl talk is through. Well I think that is all for now. Til later!

1 comment:

Brina said...

I totally feel you on the sleep thing, and it does get a little better, but be prepared for quite a few years of lack of sleep. Last night, all I wanted was to go to bed at 9pm. I only had 2 hours the night before because I was doing Santa wrapping duties. So I put the kids down at 8:30, and after pleas for water, milk, bananas, M&Ms, songs, etc, etc, I allowed them BOTH into MY bed, at which time they played and socked me in the head until 2300 when I kicked them both out, put them in their OWN beds crying, and went to sleep before them. They must have figured it out because they were fine this morning when I got up :)