WAITING FOR THE POT TO BOIL (PART II)

.



Monday, April 18, 2005

Cross Your Fingers and Toes For Me Please

Went to the doc today: baby's heartrate is 132 bpm, I have gained 2 pounds (that is 4 total, well 14 if you count the 10 or so I lost that came back, I have the cutest lil Buddha belly, I love it), all of the results from the blood test for defects came back negative and the chance of having a baby with downs syndrome is 1 in 10,000, (that is really low). I am still not cleared to go back to work yet. But here is the big, big news, drumroll please...... I haven't thrown up in 5 days!!!!! That is huge! Unfortunately my job is being awful. I really think they are hoping I quit. I have been "practicing" staying up later and later, my goal was to make it until 2am, so far I can make it until 1am. The reason is, they told me when I came back I would get the cover shift, which is 4pm-2am. Today they said, no, when I come back I have to work 7pm-7am. I only get nauseas now when I am really tired. Hmmmm.... do you think, I, at almost 5 months pregnant, will get tired at all, working a 12 hour shift through an entire night? Gee, I wonder. They didn't even ask the day shifters if they were willing to trade with me. It wouldn't be so bad to just not go back till much later, except we really, really got reamed in taxes and we could really, really use the double income.

Pregnancy magazines are really stupid. The years before we were trying, and the ones where we were unsuccessfully trying, I never never NEVER would have read one of them. Why torture myself with something, I couldn't have? Well I've bought a few, and every one of them had articles on overcoming infertility, and I thought, wow these people have no clue. To me that seemed like having vegan recipes in a hunting magazine, hello? Know your market. Sigh. Oh well, I am sure they meant well. Actually maybe not, there was this article, that I swear should have been called, "10 Things You Didn't Know to be Afraid of After Delivering." Scared the daylights out of me. I am rambling, I realize that, sorry. Continuing on, I am not taking Lamaze classes. Chris and I would just not fit in. We'd probably get kicked out anyway, we have kind of a warped sense of humor. Chris and I were in the crowded OB waiting room, and Chris turns to me and says, quite loud, "Have you figured out who the father of this kid is yet?" While other mom's to be looked on mouths agape. I told him, I found him a lot funnier before my hormones set in. Well, I have rambled on long enough. If I don't write sooner, I will write again Thursday the 28th for sure, when we find out if Perry is a girl or a boy, I can't wait! And a final shout out to my friend since 6th grade, "K". She is at the very beginning stages of pregnancy and the baby is having difficulty "sticking." Please send all prayers and sticky thoughts her way as MANY of us know how scary this time can be. Til later!!!

No comments: